Dedicated to maintaining the quality of life in the Hunter
Mill Road corridor.
Hunter Mill Community Vision Statement
The Community's vision is to maintain Hunter Mill Road as a tranquil, residential byway with unique natural, historic, and picturesque character, thus preserving one of the last remaining scenic, rolling terrains in Fairfax County.
How we Accomplish and Support the Vision:
Land Use Committee
- Participate in periodic reviews of the Fairfax County land use plan to retain the area’s low density residential development pattern
- Consultant to Hunter Mill neighborhoods and organizations, providing expertise in zoning process
- Work to implement the county’s master plan for retaining the buffer area
- Advocacy for Hunter Mill Road’s remaining a safe, two-lane road
- Initiated a State-sponsored Hunter Mill Road Traffic Calming study
- Work on implementing the study findings
- Promote Roundabout design as a key calming feature
- Secured a Virginia Byway designation for Hunter Mill Road
- Work on obtaining a Hunter Mill Road Historic District on state and national historic registries
- Research and share the rich History of the corridor with the community
- Produce history products such as books, movies, tours and historic markers
- Provide speakers as a outreach and host events
- Consultant to Hunter Mill neighborhoods and organizations, providing expertise in environmental issues
- Monitor policy related to environmental issues
- Advocate for improved parks and trails
- Inform residents of opportunities to get involved
Community Volunteers Working For Your Interest
Preserving a stable community . . .
Preserving the scenic and historic character of your neighborhood . . .
Preserving the community qualities that made you choose the Hunter Mill Corridor as your home
Sign up for E-News letter to to stay informed about Hunter Mill Community issues and concerns and events.